Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Overview
The Micro Four Thirds mount Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine AS IF UMC Lens is a prime telephoto lens designed for Micro Four Thirds cameras. Providing a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 170mm, this lens is well-suited to distant subjects, close-ups, and portraiture. Its fast T1.5 maximum aperture is further beneficial to working in low-light conditions and for greater control over selective focus and shallow depth of field effects.
One a spherical element has been incorporated into the optical design to minimize chromatic aberrations in order to produce sharper images. A UMC coating has also been applied to the lens elements to reduce surface reflections and prevent lens flare and ghosting for improved light transmission and more contrast-rich imagery.
This lens’ cine design incorporates geared aperture and focus rings for use with traditional follow focuses. Its inner-focusing mechanism also maintains the overall lens length when racking focus. Additionally, the aperture ring has been de-clicked for silent, smooth iris adjustment during recording.
- Telephoto lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 170mm, making it ideally suited for distant subjects, portraiture, and selective focus applications.
- Fast T1.5 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions as well as provides greater control over focus placement for shallow depth of field applications.
- One aspherical element reduces chromatic aberration in order to produce greater sharpness and clarity.
- UMC coating improves light transmission and suppresses lens flare and ghosting for more contrast-rich, color-neutral images.
- Geared aperture and focus rings are compatible with standard follow focuses for greater control over adjustment.
- De-clicked aperture ring facilitates smooth, quiet exposure adjustments during recording.
- Inner-focusing mechanism maintains the overall lens length during use.