ZEISS Milvus 35mm f/1.4 ZF.2 Overview
Characterized by its fast maximum aperture and advanced optical design, the Nikon F-mount Milvus 35mm f/1.4 ZF.2 from ZEISS is a versatile wide-angle prime well-suited to an array of subjects, ranging from portraiture to landscape shooting. Its bright f/1.4 maximum aperture greatly benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers enhanced control over depth of field for using selective focus techniques. Complementing the focusing control is a sophisticated Distagon-type optical design, which employs one rear aspherical element and five anomalous partial dispersion elements to control both spherical and chromatic aberrations for improved sharpness and clarity. An enhanced ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to significantly reduce ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast and color fidelity.
The manual focus design is complemented by a rubberized focus ring for fine-tuned, precise control over your focus position. Additionally, Milvus-series lenses also feature an equally aesthetic and durable frosted, anodized metal lens-barrel surface along with a weather-sealed construction to protect against dust and moisture.
- Wide-angle prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Impressively bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Distagon optical concept affords high sharpness, well-corrected image quality from edge-to-edge, and very low field curvature.
- Five anomalous partial dispersion elements are used to significantly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- One aspherical element controls distortion and spherical aberrations in order to produce greater sharpness and more accurate rendering.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and color fidelity.
- Floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range, from 11.8″ to infinity.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by focusing and depth of field scales along with hard stops at both infinity and minimum focusing positions.
- Manual aperture ring has clicked indicators throughout aperture range. Using the included De-Click Tool, this ring can be mechanically ‘de-clicked’ for smooth, silent rotation throughout the aperture range; making it ideal for video applications.
- Weather-resistant construction includes internal seals to guard against dust and moisture as well as a blue sealing ring at the lens mount to protect the lens-camera interface.
- All-metal lens barrel has a frosted, anodized surface along with a rubberized focusing ring for both durability and improved tactile control.