ZEISS Milvus 135mm f/2 ZE Overview
A prime medium telephoto distinguished by its bright design and sophisticated optics, the Canon EF-mount Milvus 135mm f/2 ZE from ZEISS is a Sonnar-type lens offering high sharpness, speed, and accurate contrast and color rendering. The optical design utilizes four anomalous partial dispersion glass elements to nearly eliminate chromatic aberrations and other distortions for clean, well-corrected imagery. A floating elements system is also used, for consistent performance throughout the focusing range, in order to achieve even sharpness and clarity. An enhanced ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to significantly reduce ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in difficult lighting conditions.
The manual focus design is complemented by a rubberized focus ring for fine-tuned, precise control over your focus position. Additionally, Milvus-series lenses also feature an equally aesthetic and durable frosted, anodized metal lens-barrel surface along with a weather-sealed construction to protect against dust and moisture.
- Short telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 216mm equivalent focal length.
- Impressively bright f/2 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Sonnar optical concept suits the combination of a large maximum aperture and long focal length, and also contributes to notable sharpness, well-controlled flare, and high contrast.
- Four anomalous partial dispersion elements are used to significantly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and color fidelity.
- Floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range, from 2.6′ to infinity.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by focusing and depth of field scales along with hard stops at both infinity and minimum focusing positions.
- Weather-resistant construction includes internal seals to guard against dust and moisture as well as a blue sealing ring at the lens mount to protect the lens-camera interface.
- All-metal lens barrel has a frosted, anodized surface along with a rubberized focusing ring for both durability and improved tactile control.