ZEISS Milvus 100mm f/2 ZF.2 Macro Overview
A portrait-length prime featuring a high 1:2 maximum magnification for close-up shooting, the Nikon F-mount Milvus 100mm f/2M ZF.2 from ZEISS features a floating elements system for consistently high image quality when working with both near and distant subjects. Based on the classic Planar optical design, this lens features two anomalous partial dispersion glass elements to control aberrations and distortions for even illumination and sharpness throughout the aperture and focus ranges. An enhanced ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to lens elements to suppress flare and ghosting for increased contrast and clarity.
The manual focus design is complemented by a rubberized focus ring for fine-tuned, precise control over your focus position. Additionally, Milvus-series lenses also feature an equally aesthetic and durable frosted, anodized metal lens-barrel surface along with a weather-sealed construction to protect against dust and moisture.
- Short telephoto prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 150mm equivalent focal length.
- Ideal for macro shooting, this lens offers a half life-size 1:2 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 1.4′ to suit working with close-up subjects.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also enables extensive control over depth of field.
- Planar optical design affords high sharpness and consistent performance throughout the focusing range to suit photographing at a wide range of imaging scales.
- Two anomalous partial dispersion elements are used to significantly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and color fidelity.
- Floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by focusing and depth of field scales along with hard stops at both infinity and minimum focusing positions.
- Manual aperture ring has clicked indicators throughout aperture range. Using the included De-Click Tool, this ring can be mechanically ‘de-clicked’ for smooth, silent rotation throughout the aperture range; making it ideal for video applications.
- Weather-resistant construction includes internal seals to guard against dust and moisture as well as a blue sealing ring at the lens mount to protect the lens-camera interface.
- All-metal lens barrel has a frosted, anodized surface along with a rubberized focusing ring for both durability and improved tactile control.