Sony PVM-X550 Overview
The PVM-X550 55″ 4K Trimaster EL OLED Monitor from Sony is a professional monitor designed for use as a companion client monitor alongside the more compact Sony BVM-X300 master monitor. Features of this UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) monitor include an HDR (high dynamic range) mode, precise black and color reproduction, wide color-gamut support, individual pixel shutoff, a wide viewing angle, and lightweight form factor. Both 4K 2-sample interleave, and 4K square division signals are supported. In 3G/SDI quad-view mode, the PVM-X550 supports up to 2160p60, with separate settings for each of the four displays.
The PVM-X550’s high dynamic range renders images with complex lighting in greater detail with finer tonal range, and improved shadow and highlight reproduction. The monitor’s S-Gamut3.cine and S-Gamut3 color gamut support coordinates with Sony 4K camera color spaces.
Additional features include Ethernet-based remote control via the optional BKM-16R unit, detailed and adjustable marker settings, up to five lockable user-preset profiles, a slim and lightweight form, and dual-position wall mounting. Interfaces consist of two sets of quad-3G/SDI inputs and outputs, HDMI and LAN inputs, and a stereo 3.5mm mini jack audio output.
- 55″ 4K (3840 x 2160) OLED Panel:
- The lightweight, 10-bit, 4K OLED panel features a 1.78:1 (16×9) aspect ratio and adjustable markers
- Quad-View Display Function:
- View four HD feeds simultaneously while controlling each view separately
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) Display Mode:
- HDR mode displays greater shadow detail, truer blacks, and increased tonal range
- Precise Black and Color Reproduction:
- Individual pixels can be fully turned off, enabling deeper blacks and accurate color reproduction
- Wide Color-Gamut Support:
- S-Gamut3 and S-Gamut.cine support coordinates with Sony 4K cine-style cameras, while partial support is offered for ITU-R BT.2020 and ITU-R BT.709 color gamuts
- Gamut Marker for Rec. 2020 Colors:
- Rec. 2020 colors, from Rec.709 and DCI-P3 color gamuts, are marked with a zebra pattern
- Multiple Gamma Support:
- In addition to 2.2, 2.4, and CRT, multiple gammas (including S-Log2, S-Log3, ST.2084, and HLG) are supported
- Two sets of quad 3G/SDI inputs/outputs
- One HDMI input
- One LAN input
- Five lockable user-preset profiles
- Dual wall-mounting positions
- Ethernet-based remote control for up to 32 monitors via the optional BKM-16R control unit (not included)