Sony LMD-B240 Overview
The 24″ Full HD IPS LCD Monitor from Sony features full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution and 709 color space. It offers SDI and HDMI sync-free side-by-side configurations, allowing HD, SD, different frame rates, interlace, PsF, and progressive pictures to be displayed on the same monitor. The monitor features a user reset function, stereo front-mounted speakers, and an audio muting function.
This monitor is equipped with a natural ventilation system that ensures no audio disruption from an internal cooling fan, making the monitor highly suitable for video shooting and critical audio operations. The monitor is equipped with built-in standard input interfaces – HD/SD-SDI (x2), HDMI (HDCP) input (x1), and composite (x1). It allows you to receive multiple computer signals via an HDMI/DVI interface (the resolution range is from 640 x 480 to 1680 x 1050 pixels).
- SDI and HDMI Side-by-Side Configurations:
- The monitor offers SDI and HDMI sync-free side-by-side configurations, allowing HD, SD, different frame rates, interlace, PsF, and progressive pictures to be displayed on the same monitor. The signal processing latency of the main (left) picture is the same as the full screen. The sub (right) picture has a maximum one frame delay from the main picture, depending on the timing of the signal. Focus assist and camera metadata can work with the main picture when using this function. It allows you to work in a variety of modes, including blue-only, mono, chrome, bright, contrast, chroma up, focus assist (main picture), focus gain (main picture), and camera metadata (main picture).
- Low-Latency I/P Conversion:
- The I/P conversion system delivers automatically optimized signal processing according to input signals with low-latency (less than 0.5 field). This system helps users to edit and monitor for a live production.
- Waveform Monitor, Vector Scope, and Audio Level Meter Display:
- An input signal’s waveform and vector scope with an SDI-embedded 2-channel audio level meter can be displayed on the screen. The waveform of a specified line can also be displayed. In conjunction with the Picture-and-Picture function, the waveform monitor and vector scope display can monitor two camera signals. An audio level meter can display the embedded audio signal from the SDI or HDMI input. It can display channels (ch1 to ch8 or ch9 to ch16) on the screen.
- Front Stereo Speakers:
- The monitor features front stereo speakers (2W + 2W). You can select audio sources from either embedded audio or analog audio.
- Simple Operation:
- You can easily choose an input and a function with a single click. The rotary encoder knob makes it easy to select an item and enter it. The control panel has lights for good readability in dark. This user interface includes an OSD menu layout.
- Functions and Shortcuts:
- User reset function returns the unit to the default settings, while the Key inhibit protects the required settings of it from any inadvertent operations. For improving speed of the function key configuration, the user can take a shortcut to the settings menu screen by simply holding down one of the function keys.
- Camera Focus:
- The LMD-B240 monitor can control the aperture level of a video signal, and display images on the screen with sharpened edges to help camera focus operation. Furthermore, the sharpened edges can be displayed in user-selectable colors (white, red, green, blue, and yellow) for more precise focusing.
- Time Code Function:
- The LTC and VITC time code can be displayed at the top or bottom of the picture.
- OnScreen Tally:
- The monitor is also equipped with a three-color (red, green, and yellow) onscreen tally function. The position of the tally display can be changed to either the upper or lower section of the screen.
- Flip Functions:
- The Flip function turns the reversed image to a normal view (horizontally or vertically).
- DC Low Power Indicator:
- The DC power supply is available in the range of 12V to 17V. The power indicator blinks when the DC power supply is low.
- The LMD-B240 is supplied with an LMD-A type stand. It can also be rack-mounted with the MB-L22 rack mount bracket.