Samyang 7.5mm T3.8 Cine Fisheye Overview
The Samyang 7.5mm T3.8 Cine UMC Fisheye Lens for Micro Four Thirds Mount is a manual focus fisheye lens optimized for digital cinematography. The compact lens features a Micro Four Thirds lens mount and provides a 180° ultra-wide angle of view. The fisheye effect is useful for capturing sports stadiums, large halls, highly-packed city sights, and similar scenery in a warped, dramatic fashion.
For use with a follow focus unit, the focus and aperture rings feature industry-standard 0.8 pitch gearing. The aperture ring is also de-clicked to allow for smooth iris pulls while shooting. Focus, aperture, and depth of field markings are on the side of the lens to aid focus pullers, who typically operate on the side of the camera.
One aspherical and three extra-low dispersion (ED) lens elements have been incorporated into the optical design to minimize chromatic aberrations and distortion in order to produce sharper images. Additionally, the lens’ design features a built-in petal lens hood and an Ultra Multi-Coating (UMC) has been applied to the lens elements to reduce surface reflections and prevent lens flare and ghosting for improved light transmission and more contrast-rich imagery.
- 7.5mm fisheye lens with 180° angle-of-view
- Comporable 35mm focal length: 15mm
- Aperture range: T3.8 to T22
- Image circle covers APS-C sized sensors
- Industry standard 0.8 pitch gearing on focus and aperture rings
- De-clicked aperture for smooth focus pulls
- 9 elements in 7 groups, including one aspherical and three ED elements
- Ultra Multi-Coating reduces surfaces reflections and prevents flares and ghosting
- Depth of Field markings on side of the lens
- A minimum focusing distance of 3.54″
- Integrated petal lens hood (not removable)