Samyang 14mm f/2.8 Overview
The 14mm f/2.8 ED AS IF UMC Lens for Sony E Mount from Samyang is a manual focus, manual aperture, ultra-wide angle prime lens compatible with full frame and APS-C format Sony NEX mirrorless digital cameras. On APS-C format cameras it provides a 35mm format focal length equivalency of 21mm. A maximum aperture of f/2.8 is effective in low light shooting and provides shallow depth of field control. With extra-low dispersion, aspherical and hybrid aspherical lens elements, chromatic aberrations are minimized and sharp, color-accurate images are the result. UMC lens coating facilitates even light transmission and reduces ghosting and flare. The minimum focus distance for this lens is 11″.
- Compatible with full frame and APS-C format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras.
- Maximum aperture of f/2.8 for effective low light shooting and shallow depth of field focus
- Aspherical, Hybrid Aspherical and Extra-low Dispersion lens elements reduce aberrations.
- UMC lens coating allows even light transmission and minimizes ghosting and flare.
- Built-in petal style lens hood blocks unwanted stray light and protects the lens.