Rokinon 24mm T1.5 Cine Overview
The Canon EF mount Rokinon 24mm T1.5 Cine ED AS IF UMC Lens was developed primarily for film and video applications. The cine version of Rokinon’s 24mm lens features industry-standard gearing for the focus and aperture ring, and the aperture ring has been de-clicked for smooth iris pulls. The aperture and focus scales have also been relocated to the side of the lens, where it is easier for focus pullers to read them.
This lens is compatible with full-frame sensors and can also be used on APS-C-sized sensors, where the 35mm-equivalent focal length will be 38.4mm. The optical construction incorporates four extra-low dispersion elements, as well as two aspherical elements, to reduce chromatic aberration and distortion to produce sharper imagery. Additionally, a UMC coating has been applied to lens elements to minimize lens flare and ghosting for more contrast-rich images.
- Wide-angle prime lens is well-suited to use in a broad variety of shooting situations.
- Fast T1.5 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and provides greater control over focus placement for shallow depth of field applications.
- Four extra-low dispersion elements and two aspherical elements reduce chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater sharpness and clarity.
- UMC coating improves light transmission and suppresses lens flare and ghosting for more contrast-rich, color-neutral images.
- Geared aperture and focus rings are compatible with standard follow focuses for greater control over adjustment.
- De-clicked aperture ring facilitates smooth, quiet exposure adjustments during recording.