Rokinon 12mm T2.2 Cine Overview
The Rokinon 12mm T2.2 Cine Lens for Fuji X Mount is a wide-angle lens optimized for digital cinematography. The lens produces an image circle that will cover APS-C sized sensors or smaller. For use with a follow focus unit, the focus and aperture rings feature industry-standard 0.8 pitch gearing. The aperture ring is also de-clicked to allow for smooth iris pulls while shooting. Focus, aperture, and depth of field markings are on the side of the lens to aid focus pullers, who typically operates on the side of the camera.
With an angle of view of 98.9°, the lens is well-suited for shooting landscapes, architecture, and for use in tight interior locations. It’s fast maximum aperture of T2.2 also makes the lens suitable for shooting low-light conditions. Three extra-low dispersion elements and two aspherical elements have been incorporated into the optical design to minimize chromatic aberrations and distortion in order to produce sharper images. Additionally, a Nano Coating System (NCS) has been applied to the lens elements in order to reduce surface reflections and prevent lens flare and ghosting for improved light transmission and more contrast-rich imagery. A bayonet-mount lens hood and lens pouch come included with the lens.
- 12mm lens with 98.9° angle-of-view
- Image Circle covers APS-C sized sensors
- Industry Standard 0.8 pitch gearing on focus and aperture rings
- De-clicked aperture for smooth iris pulls
- 12 elements in 10 groups, including two aspherical and a three ED elements
- Nano Coating System improves light transmission, minimizes flares and ghosting for higher contrast images
- Depth of Field markings on side of the lens
- A minimum focusing distance of 7.87″
- 67mm front filter thread
- Includes bayonet mount lens hood