Blackmagic Design CONVMCSAUD Overview
This B&H Kit pairs a Blackmagic Design Mini Converter SDI to Audio with a Switronix Powertap Blackmagic Converter Cable. The pairing enables the field use of the audio–de-embedding device by converting the unregulated DC power from an existing Li-Ion brick-style battery with a Powertap output (not included) to match the 12V power input of the Mini Converter.
The SDI to Audio converter accepts an SDI connection and auto-detects whether the signal is SD, HD, or 3G. The Mini Converter de-embeds the SDI signal’s audio and outputs four channels of professional balanced analog audio with standard 1/4 in jack connections, or, with those same connections, eight channels of professional balanced AES/EBU digital audio. The kit is useful for field-production situations (e.g., news) in which you want to de-embed the audio from, for instance, a camera with an SDI connection for downstream use in a device such as a field audio mixer.
The Switronix cable accepts a battery’s Powertap output and supplies regulated 12V power to the Blackmagic Mini Converter, enabling its use in the field. The Blackmagic Mini Converter features a cable tie point that secures the power supply connection, thus preventing an accidental power disruption.Blackmagic Design SDI to Audio Mini Converter
The Blackmagic Design CONVMCSAUD includes everything you need to de-embed 4 channels of analog audio or 8 channels of AES/EBU digital audio from any SDI video connection. Now you can easily access the audio in any SDI video connection for output to audio equipment such as audio mixers, analog broadcast decks, audio monitors and more!
- Auto Switching SD and HD:
- Mini Converters instantly switch between standard definition and high definition video formats and changeover is automatic when the video input changes. A huge range of video standards are supported including, NTSC, PAL, 1080i/59.94, 1080i/50, 1080psf/23.98, 1080psf/24, 720p/59.94 and 720p/50 formats, plus new formats can be added via USB.
- Advanced 3 Gb/s SDI Technology:
- Only Mini Converters include the latest 3 Gb/s SDI technology and upgrades can be loaded via the built in USB connection for future video format compatibility. 3 Gb/s SDI is also fully compatible with all your standard definition and high definition SDI equipment.
- International Power Supply:
- Unlike other converters, a universal power supply is included with international socket adapters for all countries. This lets you take Mini Converters with you to any location worldwide, and plug directly into the local power sockets. To stop power accidentally being disconnected, a cable tie point is included to lock down the power connection tight!Core SWX Powertap BlackMagic Converter Cable (24″)
The Core SWX Powertap BlackMagic Converter Cable (24″) comes with a regulated 12V connector jack to power the Black Magic Mini Converter with an inline female P-Tap connector for 12VDC, and features both red and green LED indicators to display battery power status. It can be used with a Core SWX accessory or individually with a PRO-X series Lithium Ion battery, and is housed in an enclosure.
- Length – 24″
- Comes with a regulated 12V connector jack to power the Black Magic Mini Converter with an inline female D-Tap connector for 12VDC
- Features both red and green LED indicators to display battery power status
- Can be used with a Core SWX accessory or individually with a PRO-X series Lithium Ion battery
- Housed in an enclosure