Blackmagic Design CONVMASA Overview
This B&H Kit pairs a Blackmagic Design Mini Converter SDI to Analog with a Switronix Powertap Blackmagic Converter Cable. The pairing enables the field use of the SDI-to-analog video converter by converting the unregulated DC power from an existing Li-Ion brick-style battery with a Powertap output (not included) to match the 12V power input of the Mini Converter.
With the Mini Converter drawing power from a Li-Ion battery, you can, for example, convert the HD-SDI output of a camera or field recorder that does not otherwise have analog component output, for viewing on an existing high-quality analog monitor.
The kit’s Switronix cable accepts a battery’s Powertap output and supplies regulated 12V power to the Blackmagic Mini Converter, enabling its use in the field. The Blackmagic Mini Converter features a cable tie point that secures the power supply connection, thus preventing an accidental power disruption.
Blackmagic Design Mini Converter SDI to Analog
The Mini Converter SDI to Analog from Blackmagic will accept an SDI input signal and convert it to HD/SD component, NTSC, PAL, or S-video output. Also, if your SDI signal has audio embedded, the Converter will let you first de-embed the audio so that you can output it via the analog outs.
- SDI to Analog Conversion:
- Use this device to convert SDI video signals to analog output.
- Embedded Audio:
- The Converter can de-embed audio from an SDI signal so that you can output it via the analog outs.
The Core SWX Powertap BlackMagic Converter Cable (24″) comes with a regulated 12V connector jack to power the Black Magic Mini Converter with an inline female P-Tap connector for 12VDC, and features both red and green LED indicators to display battery power status. It can be used with a Core SWX accessory or individually with a PRO-X series Lithium Ion battery, and is housed in an enclosure.
- Length – 24″
- Comes with a regulated 12V connector jack to power the Black Magic Mini Converter with an inline female D-Tap connector for 12VDC
- Features both red and green LED indicators to display battery power status
- Can be used with a Core SWX accessory or individually with a PRO-X series Lithium Ion battery
- Housed in an enclosure