Atomos Shogun 7 Overview
Monitor, record, and switch in the field with the 7″, 1920 x 1280 Shogun 7 from Atomos. This versatile pro on-camera recording monitor offers up to DCI 4K raw recording, HDMI and 12/6/3G-SDI inputs/outputs, and ISO recording of up to four HD-SDI camera streams. Output your content for director or client-viewing in Dolby Vision HDR using the Shogun 7, AtomOS10 platform, and a compatible display.
This monitor supports resolutions up to DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 60p and up to 2K at 240p for slow-motion effects. Record to 2.5″ SSDs using Apple ProRes Raw, ProRes, CinemaDMG (up to 30p), and Avid DNxHD codecs. Record all your event’s action with live multicamera monitoring, recording, and switching between program and up to four 1080p60 SDI ISO camera streams.
The Shogun 7’s 10-bit (8+2 FRC) panel features 360-zone backlight, 1500 cd/m² brightness, and a 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio. Its native AtomHDR (log) display enables you to more accurately monitor your log gamma footage without having to view flat, washed-out images or use a LUT to compress the dynamic range and color space. Built-in presets accurately translate popular log formats from ARRI, Canon, Fujifilm, JVC, Nikon, Panasonic, RED, and Sony cameras.
Save editing time by tagging your footage on-the-fly and recording directly to Final Cut Pro x, Adobe Premiere, or Avid Media Composer formats (third-party plug-ins may be required for tagging).
Power the Shogun Inferno with a single Sony L-series battery; dual battery plates support hot swapping, enabling longer uninterrupted runtimes. For audio recording, the monitor supports balanced XLR inputs with +48V phantom power via a separately available audio breakout cable. Additional Shogun 7 features include genlock input, SDI/HDMI cross conversion, and a variety of on-screen exposure analysis, framing, focus assist, and other display tools.
- 1920 x 1280 resolution
- 7″ LCD screen with 360-zone backlight
- 10-bit (8+2 FRC) monitoring processing
- 1500 cd/m² brightness
- 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (with zone backlight on)
- Output using Dolby Vision HDR
- AtomHDR technology displays native HDR (log) display footage
- Log gamma viewing presets for ARRI, Canon, Fujifilm, JVC, Nikon, Panasonic, RED, and Sony cameras
- Custom 3D LUT support (.cube format)
- Anamorphic de-squeeze: 2x, 1.5x, 1.33x
- UHD 4K downscale for HD monitoring
- 4K HDMI and 12G-SDI inputs/outputs
- Four 6G/3G-SDI or dual 12G-SDI inputs
- SDI/HDMI cross conversion
- Genlock input
- Separately available audio breakout cable for XLR audio input
- Recording and Switching:
- Up to DCI 4K60 recording in ProRes Raw, ProRes, CinemaDMG (4K30), or DNxHD
- Capture and switch between up to four ISO camera feeds
- Slow-motion recording up to 1080p at 240 fps
- Record to 2.5″ SSD/HDD media using the included Master Caddy II
- Pre-roll record (8 seconds in HD, 2 seconds in 4K)
- Ten metadata fields
- Additional Features:
- Dual Sony L-series battery slots support hot swapping for continuous power
- Record 4K30p up to 2.2 hours with 2 x 7.4V, 7800mAh batteries
- Record 4K30p up to 1.5 hours with 2 x 7.4V, 5200mAh batteries
- Top and bottom 1/4″-20 mounting threads
- 3.5mm headphone output port